Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mommy and Daddy


It seems like yesterday Tyler and I tied the knot.  Well actually it will be exactly 6 years in 4 days.  Amazing!  He is such an amazing person and a wonderful husband, and an even better father.  I really could not have hoped for a better father for my children.  The more he loves them the more I fall in love with him.  Kinda sappy I know, but being so close to our anniversary and being 9 months pregnant I am allowed to be a little hormonal, aren't I??

Tyler & I on our Honeymoon cruise to Hawaii

Well, our daughter Anna Marie is an amazing child.  She lights up our lives and I couldn't imagine life without her.  From the moment she was conceived, she was a whorl wind, I guess you could say.  The doctors all told me that she could have many issues and we cried many, many tears over what "could" be.  After 9 long months and thousands of prayers later she came out a perfectly healthy baby.  Praise God!

Our sweet baby girl Anna


Evan is due to arrive on September 22nd, 2008 via c-section.  The day after our anniversary and on the day of my parents 30th wedding anniversary.  I really believe from the bottom of my heart he was a child sent from God for us to love.  Evan is a true gift of "God's timing" which I find so amazing.  Nothing is really "our" timing, but the Lord has a plan for us all.  We may not realize it yet but when you look back it is pretty obvious at times.

This blog is for my children.  I want to record the funny things that they do and say.  I want them to know that they are loved unconditionally.  I also realized I spend so much time on the computer doing "stupid" stuff like reading message boards and shopping so by doing this I feel like I am doing something better with my time.

Last of all I guess I should explain "hapa."  I'm sure I'll get lots of questions on that if I don't explain.  Hapa is slang in Hawaiian for half breed.  Half asian, half caucasian.  Tyler and I are both half and so our kids are still half asian.  We find this kinda funny so we call ourselves a hapa family.

No comments: